Getting out of the office once in a while is a good way to improve productivity for everyone around the office. Thanks to cityadventures.com.au, you have a wealth of activities to choose from for your team building event. Here are some of the most useful tips to make your team building activities effective.
- Define the team’s goal. Numerous studies have identified that your team building event will be successful, if each member is aware of the overall objective. Before leaving for the venue, the team should have a meeting to create a list of the objectives they are hoping for. That way, every member is aware of the vision and all the members feel involved.
- Each person in the team should have clear roles and responsibilities. That way, you can improve team collaboration. Make sure the roles don’t overlap to avoid making some members of the team feel overlooked or stepped on. These roles should be defined from the start so that each member feels like they have a role to play in the creation.
- Review the progress of the team together just as you have set the rules together. The whole team should have an idea of how close you are to achieving the set objectives because it provides feedback and boosts morale. Make sure team members are not giving each other negative feedback rather you should insist on positive feedback for the best results.
- If there are any issues, they should be solved immediately. If team members allow issues to build up, it will grow into something bigger. Keep in mind that ignoring these things will result in a terrible experience for everyone who is part of the team building event.
- Make sure that all the achievements are celebrated. Whether it’s a small or big achievement it should always be celebrated. You can boost the team morale by being excited about any positive achievements. Make the celebrations as enjoyable as possible. For instance, your team can do high-fives or chest bumps to make everyone excited about the achievements.
- Make sure the Scavenger Hunt Team Building Event is hosted outside the office. If you choose to do it in the office surroundings, the employees would not be open as they naturally would be anywhere else. Therefore, find a venue that’s far from the office to allow the team members to be calm and relaxed as possible. Even a park works perfectly as a good team building venue.